domingo, 14 de septiembre de 2014

IRON MAIDEN: CHILE ES TU CASA!! (+ notice)

In my life, I never have got at a big concert like this. Previously, I've only assisted to local concerts and tribute band playings ("tocatas"). That day, October 2 of 2013 in the National Stadium, was one of those days I will remember forever.

It was the seventh concert in Chile of two of my favorite bands: the British heavy metal band, IRON MAIDEN and the thrash metal band SLAYER. Maiden it's one of the most famous metal bands from 70's to now. They play songs like "The Trooper" or "The Number of the Beast". Slayer is a Californian thrash metal band, which lead singer and bass guitar is from Chile: Tom Araya.

The atmosphere was so full of energy in every moment of the day. There were more than 65,000 people in the stadium. First, there was Ghost, an unknown band who started warming the atmosphere. Then, Slayer appeared in the scene. The crowd was crazy! I started to get crazy at the sound of the music, even in the "mosh pit". Finally, it was the time for Iron Maiden. I sang every song they played, as the other people in the crowd. "65,000 fucking people" as Bruce Dickinson (lead vocal of the band) said. It was an amazing concert that I will never forget!!

PD: I seize this post to tell you about the case of Álvaro Arancibia, a classmate from FACSO, who is under investigation by the police and the justice. Álvaro was arrested on Sept. 11 at the night by the riot control police. The polices tried to incriminate him of "throwing fire bombs". This is a mountage to criminalize to students who protest against the Government. We together can stop the lies of the State and his police dogs. NO MORE MOUNTAGES!!

1 comentario:

  1. I was at the same concert! It was killer, and I love Iron Maiden's music. Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar