viernes, 3 de octubre de 2014

(#5) Hana, dul, set!

I'm going to write about Taekwondo. Or at least, how I get a Bronze medal without winning a battle.

Well, I started to practice Taekwondo two months ago. All classes were practiced at a multi-use room at Science Faculty. There I've learned many types of kicks, which is the base of Taekwondo. Of course, each class had some minutes to warm the body with running and many exercises. At the beginning, it was difficult, but along the time, I could improve my skills.
Last monday, we, the Science Taekwondo Team, went to the Student Olympic Games 2014 (JOE 2014), the big annual sport competition in the University of Chile. The Taekwondo competition took place at the Atletico Santiago Gym.

The first step was the Weighing. My sensei registered me in the category 64 - 80 kilogrammes. At the first weighing, I marked 81,6 kilogrammes. And my first combat was about to start in one hour. So I had to run 20 laps around the gym. Finally, I weighed 80 kg, and the judge said I was able to compete.

In the first combat, I won by walkover. My opponent did'nt came. So I advanced to Semi-final. There, I fought against a FEN student. Unfortunately, I've losed the fight by 8 - 3. But in points I've got the third Place, so I received the Bronze Medal.

I have to practice more for the next tournament. For now, I'm happy with this...

6 comentarios:

  1. Taekwondo is a great martial art, i know that it was created for the Korean Army for fight with his rifles in their hands :D

    ResponderEliminar
  2. this is amazing! congratulations for that bronze.. keep going !:D

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Anyway you didn't went to classes. Good job :B

    ResponderEliminar
  4. playing sports is great, I practice karate, congratulations on your achievements ;)

    ResponderEliminar